The Kugler MICROGANTRY® nano3/5X is a high precision, CNC-controlled 3- to 5-axis machining center with aerostatic bearings, which is specially designed and optimized for the demands of micromachining and microstructuring with the use of microcutting and/or laser technology.
According to the selection of “tools” (laser source, focusing optics, machine tool spindles or cutting tools) and the process parameters, a wide variety of materials can be machined and structured with the highest precision.
In combination with the optional rotary and swiveling unit (C and A axis) , the efficient computer numerical control (CNC) enables the machining of 2.5D, 3D and freeform surfaces by the use of up to 5 simultaneous axes of motion.
The base of the unit is made of solid, fine-grained granite, which guarantees the highest long-term thermal and mechanical stability and effectively eliminates vibration in combination with passive air friction damping elements.
The granite base also serves as a support surface for a laser source as well as a foundation for the beam guidance and the axes of motion in the work area. Together with the high precision of the individual axes, this guarantees high precision for the entire unit.
Video of Applications
- Laser microprocessing of 2.5D and 3D structures
- Drilling and microcutting
- Structuring and surface removal, laser ablation
- 3(5)-axis micro chip removal
- Microdispenser systems
- Microgrinding in pin mills
- Micromechanics, Microelectronics, Microoptics
- Injection molded microforms
- Structuring for tribology and printing technology
- Microfluidic components
- Nozzle bores
- Production of prototypes, small and medium batches